In India Aloe vera has long been used as an herbal medicine. It is known for its amazing soothing as well as invigorating effects, which make it a good choice when it comes to skin care. But, recent studies have found that aloe vera plant is quite effective in treating diabetes too. The reason for using aloe vera in diabetes is that it can lower the blood glucose level in our body considerably. Let’s see how this plant which is full of health benefits should be used for treating and preventing diabetes.
How are Aloe Vera and Diabetes Linked?
In India, diabetes is one of the most common autoimmune diseases. The number of people diagnosed with diabetes each year is escalating at an alarming rate. We know that with healthy life style which includes regular workout, a well-balanced diet, and a healthy lifestyle can help us immensely in preventing diabetes or at least managing it. On one hand, our lifestyle choices and regular exercising are dependent upon your work plan and physical strength, eating healthy is completely up to you and here comes the significance of aloe vera.
Reasons why to Rely On Aloe Vera For Diabetes?
Let’s see the reasons why aloe vera is a natural treatment for diabetes and why we can safely rely on it:
- Aloe vera gel is rich in glucomannan. It is a dietary fiber which gets dissolved in the water easily, thereby reducing the amounts of glucose in our body.
- It contains certain compounds like organic phenols and lectins, which helps in reducing the presence of glucose in our blood as well as maintaining it properly afterward.
- Aloe Vera can help in lowering blood sugar level as much as 50% in just a few months.
- It helps in cleaning our internal system and detoxifies the body, which helps in eliminating the excess glucose from the blood.
- It also protects us from other issues related to diabetes like ulcers, wounds, infections, etc. because it contains incredible antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera can boost the secretion of insulin in your body, thereby making the alleviation of diabetes easy.
- Since Aloe Vera is a natural product, so it causes no adverse side effect while treating diabetes.
How much Aloe Vera should I take?
At first, you may take only 1 teaspoon of aloe a day. But increase the quantity up to 3 teaspoons daily as you become used to it. However, if you don’t like the bitter taste of the food, simply add a drop of honey or any other natural sweetener to it before consumption.